post Jan 22 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I am a : Guitarist

The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition

I am waiting for this and counting days !

"October 24, 2008

In news for lounge-room Rock Gods, Logitech has announced the Wireless Guitar Controller Premiere Edition for the PS3 and PS2. The premiere edition of the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is the first in LogitechĒs planned line of premium peripherals for the Guitar Hero franchise. Officially licensed by Activision, the guitar is compatible for all Guitar Hero games, including the highly anticipated Guitar Hero World Tour. It features a wood neck, rosewood fingerboard and metal frets and tuning peg handles to provide that little bit of extra realism for belting out your favorite tunes.

The controller uses rubber dome technology on the fret board controls, the same material used in its keyboards, to minimize button noise. It also incorporates a New Touch-Sensitive Neck Slider, located so strumming is not always necessary to rack up the points. Additionally, the Neck Slider can be used in Guitar Hero World TourĒs new Music Studio to create an even wider away of sounds. It uses 2.4 GHz wireless technology to provide a range of up to 30 feet from the console and comes with a gig bag to protect the guitar when touring and provides pocket space for game discs and wireless receivers. Logitech claims the guitarĒs two AA batteries provide hundreds of hours of battery life.

The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition is expected to be available in the U.S. in December, but with a suggested retail price of USD$249.99 we donĒt suggest any Pete Townshend-inspired guitar smashing antics."

Source : gizmag.com

Signature

forumsandmore.com - forum setup, script installation and web design

The Fairy Tale of YourForum | My Blog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Jan 25 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

New Product: Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3

[i]“The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say.”
- Ace of Spades by Motorhead

A few weeks ago, I had the surreal pleasure of taking my 14 year old son to see one of my boyhood rock heroes perform on stage: Lemmy Kilmister. Lemmy and his band, Motorhead, have not changed much since I first saw them in 1980, and IĒve spend most of the intervening 28 years regarding my enthusiasm for loud, heavy rock as a secret, guilty pleasure.

However, thanks to those insightful people at Harmonix and Red Octane and their 2005 video game Guitar Hero, both I and my battered LP collection can come out of the metaphorical (and non-metaphorical) closet. I find myself once more at the leading edge of popular culture, and a “wow” at teenage parties. And thatĒs why weĒve had so much fun working with Red Octane on the new Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3.

IĒve been playing guitar in rock bands since I was 15, so helping create a new guitar design has been a dream come true. Having grown up idolizing such axe wielders as Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, we had a crystal-clear inspiration for our design direction: a single-pick-up, no-nonsense “Superstrat” - the same influences that created the Ibanez RG-Series, the Jackson “Dinky” and the Kramer Baretta.

Although visual authenticity was extremely important, that was really secondary to building a better “playing” guitar controller. We wanted to keep the feel and relative spacing of the fret buttons and slider of the original Guitar Hero controller so that the hours invested in gaining proficiency arenĒt wasted. ThatĒs why our guitar has a slightly shorter neck length than a typical guitar - we chose the length that consistently gave us the best game scores.

And, by paying special attention to the buttons and the mechanism of the strum bar and trem, weĒve created a much quieter and higher-precision action that rewards a good player with higher scores in the game. In fact, it was most noticeable that our scores improved dramatically when we used using our prototype on the Rock Band game, which is generally less technically challenging than any of the Guitar Hero series (and comes with a standard guitar controller that is less accurately made - albeit attractive looking).

I hope you all have as much fun with the new Logitech Guitar controller as we did making it.

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Jan 26 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #3

Administrator
Group Icon

Logitech Gives Guitar Hero Fans A Premium Wireless Guitar Controller

"My largest complaint about Guitar Hero is the child sized plastic guitar included with the game. After a few songs my hands are cramped and my wrist surges with pain. Logitech, the purveyor of most things wireless, has officially unveiled their Premium Wireless Guitar Controller. It sports many of the same features found in a real guitar, including a metal fret board, real wood, and a rosewood finger board, amongst a slew of other features. TheyĒve also gone the extra mile and built a click free strum bar, which could prove off setting for those who depend on its metronome like quality. The Premium Wireless Guitar works with the PS3 and PS2 and comes packed with a USB receiver, which should provide up to 30 feet of range.

ItĒll ship this December for $250"

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Feb 7 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

cancelled order from Amazon and bought on ebay, it is now dispatched and coming with DHL to Greece !!!!!!

"Unfortunately her inability to speak was due to the arrival of 'another guitar!!!!!' controller at the house. The excellent build quality, professional feel and overall satisfaction of the product did little to impress her.

I was delighted though, it looks, feels and plays fantastic. I've tried it with GHIII, GHWT RBACDC and RB1 on the PS3 and all were great. The controller feels faster, that is there is no perceivable delay from striking the note to it appearing on screen. I know that there is always audio/visual delay and that is why the games have calibration settings, but part of that equation has always featured controller delay as well and it just feels that this one is more responsive than the standard plastic ones bundled with the games.

The result with PS2 wasn't so great - I was expecting full compatibility with GH GHII GH80's and GHIII. But no, none of these games are supported, only the newest GHWT can use this controller on the PS2. This is probably because it is a USB dongle and only GHWT contains the drivers to use it. Since I don't own GHWT for PS2 I was unable to test it but it does say on the box it is supported.

But for the GH/RB fan who already has the games and has money burning a hole waiting for the next purchase, this is it! buy it now and never look back (but figure out first how your going to justify it to your wife - a bribe of flowers and shoes perhaps?).

In summary, it's bigger, heavier, plays better and ultimately brings you closer to the rock god experience that these games are all about.

For those about to rock........... "

such reviews give me a smile

"The The Logitech� Wireless Guitar Controller lets you unleash your inner rockstar. Its solid body, wood neck, metal frets and tuning peg handles, and rosewood fingerboard provide a realistic experience."

forget Amazon.co.uk if you are looking for that in Europe, i waited 2 months and they never were in stock.

Yesterday i canceled my Dec 02 order and ordered from a Liverpool ebay merchant ...

Ordered at 9am, they dispatched the order at 13:00 and i received it today at 13:00 via amazingly fast in Europe DHL

I might be offline for a couple of days, you understand me...\

First impression: this is quality. Not a single surface of plastic: metal, wood, wood metal

It is heavy. It is luxurious. It does catch the eye instantly due to amazingly nice looks and color finish.

Not even played with it yet, i am taking it slowly i want here to know me first

Extensive Review follows:

Logitech packing is amazing, 3 boxes one into another to provide extra safety from freight abuse :

Start

Second

Final

Noticed the glossy finish and metal parts before removing the final seal :

Outstanding line :

Outstanding, here along with GHWT new model for the PS3, Les Paul from GH III Legends Of Rock (PS3) and Kramer for PS2

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Feb 19 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #5

Administrator
Group Icon

here is my own at a friend's house ( notice the custom Guitar Hero Drum Kit ) :

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Mar 15 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

it is heavier, faster and eye-catchier than any other GH guitar controller.

Quite expensive, to ship one in Greece i paid around 200 euros.

BUT

i can't play without it anymore

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Mar 31 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

update : fully Frets On Fire compatible along with all GH III / GH WT Guitar Controllers

+

endless battery life, been playing in Expert for 50 days till i swapped the batteries myself before a nice gig with the famous www.gh4drumkit.com creator

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Jul 23 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Administrator
Group Icon

Black Edition available !

Wireless Guitar Controller for PS3 and PS2: LogitechĒs Guitar Hero Guitar is Back in Black!

Today, weĒre very excited to announce the new black Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3 and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment systems. Back in October, I blogged about our first guitar controller, the red Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller Premiere Edition for the PS3 platform. In addition to the new black finish, the guitar we announced today incorporates a few minor construction updates based on the feedback we received from players over the last few months. It still feels great in the hands and balances comfortably on its strap, and the buttons and strum bar are as quiet and responsive as the original Premier Edition. So for those of you who did not manage to get your hands on the Premier Edition, this new guitar controller gives you a chance to find out what all the fuss is about. The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION3 and PlayStation2 is expected to be available in the U.S. later this month and in Europe beginning in June.

On a related note, as a keen guitar player myself, I have been very pleased to read about how Guitar Hero is being cited as the inspiration for more people to start learning to play guitars and other musical instruments, and even causing a boost in guitar sales!

Watch this space for more news on LogitechĒs guitar controller lineup in the near future!

CODE
http://blog.logitech.com/

Source : Logitech

Signature

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post Jul 23 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #9

Administrator
Group Icon

a small note by me towards everyone suggesting we buy a real one for the same money :

"We do not buy a real one because we want to play the game and not a guitar... if you think that way and play GTA then go after some real hookers instead and if you play the Wii try going for some real tennis or golf... chill out people, you sound neurotic. To the guitar now : it is absolutely the best guitar there is and when you get used to the weight ( playing expert for months with that until i felt it right ) then you DO have an advantage since this is the fastest GH guitar around, there is 0 lag compared to other controllers"

Signature

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

IPB
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:27 AM