NickTheGreek
post Feb 9 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I am a : Guitarist

t may not have a button box and it may come apart like a stack of Legos, but KnievelĒs custom Guitar Hero cabinet is still pretty awesome in its own right. Made out of real Marshall speaker equipment, itĒs composed of three sections, each housing a specific component of the system. The center holds the monitor, the top a nifty marquee and speakers, and the bottom a subwoofer and a modified Playstation 2 with every Guiter Hero game conveniently loaded on the hard drive. KnievelĒs inspiration?

My friends and I grew up in the peak of the 80Ēs Metal era and GH definitely caters to our generation. As a result this game series quickly left everything else in my arcade room collecting dust. I knew I had to take it to the next level..but how?

After some thought (and a few shots of JD) I decided there was only one thing to do…build a cabinet around it!

Great homage to a game that was no doubt partially inspired by KonamiĒs own long-running coin-up series Guitar Freaks. Here are a few pictures (more can be seen at the link up top):

guitarherocabinet2.jpg

guitarherocabinet1.jpg

guitarherocabinet3.jpg

Signature

forumsandmore.com - forum setup, script installation and web design

The Fairy Tale of YourForum | My Blog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

IPB
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:25 PM