> Re: Double Bass Pedals work! Guitar Hero: World Tour Kit
Re: Double Bass Pedals work! Guitar Hero: World Tour Kit Video
Re: Double Bass Pedals work! Guitar Hero: World Tour Kit Video Details
Submitted By: NickTheGreek
Date Added: Mar 5 2009, 02:59 PM
Last Updated: --
Summary: Not Available
Discussion Topic: View Topic
"This video is a response to IBitePrettyHard's video. Okay, here's the situation; Guitar Hero World Tour Drum kits are compatible with Rock Band 2, and more importantly, they support double bass much better than the Rock Band kit does. The GHWT bass pedal is played using a pad instead of a switch like the Rock Band pedal does, in other words, if you had a double-bass mod using two Rock Band pedals, then you can't use one pedal if the other pedal is being held down, which varies significantly. So the question is; do you think that since the double-bass is more flexible now, should we be able to use double-bass? I have seen a lot of comments on IBitePrettyHard's video saying that "most of the songs in the game are impossible to hit with just one pedal." In this video, I explain why I think double-bass should be illegal by playing songs with fast bass pedal parts, showing people that it is possible to do these songs with one foot and one pedal, and double-bass would be unfair and unnecessary to be used to hit single-bass notes. I do remember seeing some stuff on the Scorerhero forums saying that any kind of double-bass pedal mod is illegal. This video isn't talking about the fact that the makers of the game might chart double-bass notes, but the half-bass-charted charts we have now. This video might have annotations, most likely being pausing annotations, so don't frustrate yourself to pause to read an annotation and then realized you press "play" during a pause annotation. biggrin.gif

No, I did not do these at half speed and sped them up. My speed effect would mess up the audio whether if I slowed it down or sped it up. Everything in the practice sessions were on Full Speed.

Update: December 21, 2008
Don't fucking mention Guitar Hero Metallica going to have a double bass difficulty. We are not talking about Guitar Hero!

Don't try to name a song in the game that has double bass, DLC included, because they don't chart any double bass at all except for the Disturbed songs.

I'm not calling the double-bass illegal because I'm jealous that I can't do it, as a matter of fact, I actually play a real drum set with a double bass setup.

Goodwoods, Destroyer pedals, etc. are not the same as double bass mods, so don't argue using that point. Goodwoods and Destroyer pedals only help prevent pad misses, they are not to improve how well you play.

I am aware that double bass is not a skill you learn easily, but to some people, like myself, it comes quite naturally.

Don't argue about the 2-foot-1-pedal method. It's just a stupid argument.

As of now, double bass is illegal until we drummers sort this thing out."